Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Apprentice

Okay, so I don't actually have an apprentice, or even a helper. What I have is a certain friend who thinks he's a big help by (not so) subtly coercing some scratches behind the ears.
Charlie likes to assume that you don't have any priorities other than scratching his tummy and letting him sit in your lap, but today a load of new stuff came in so I had to work. He did get a bone to keep himself occupied though.
Still, it was a pretty productive day and I got a project done that I dearly wanted to turn out well. A while back, my mom purchased a set of custom earrings from me when I started getting good at making the clusters. She's been my biggest supporter and has so far coveted all of the earrings I've made, so I wanted her pair to be good.
I think they came out pretty well. It's hard to see but they're on posts instead of hooks. The drops are black onyx with a crown of yellow and orange songea sapphire (only the best for mom, lol), red quartz, garnet, carnelian, and citrine. I'm pretty happy with them myself. I have an extra pair of onyx drops, so there is the possibility that this design or a similar one will end up in the shop.
I did get quite a few other pieces done through the course of the afternoon, so tomorrow they will get photographed and should be up in the shop sometime soon. For now though, it's time to let my hands rest. Wrapping rondelles on headpins can be tiring!

No comments:

Post a Comment